RANGER AGAINST WAR: New Friends <

Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Friends

________________

A few days ago, Ranger and Lisa had the pleasure of meeting fellow blogger Gordon, of Alternate Brain. Gordon has been an online friend for a couple of years, so it was an absolute pleasure to finally make his acquaintance, along with that of his wife.

That is part of the joy of expression, forging new connections along with engaging in provocative thinking. Though the online community allows for an amazing breadth of connectivity, still one wonders what certain special members might be like one-on-one. Gordon and his wife were every bit as pleasant as I imagined they might be.

One small incident exemplified the difference between the Army and Marines quite well, I thought.

As we were to take our photos, Jim suggested the group move so as to present even lighting. Without batting an eye, Gordon stood up and ever so slightly moved the umbrella, so as to create the needed amount of light.

That is why I love the Marines. Semper Fi!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

I just hope I didn't get you in any trouble. Heh.

Pardon the shameless blogwhoring but I'll send you the photo from my post on our meet up. I would have done already, but I was concerned that it might get lost in a backlog of Nigerian royalty and boner pill e-mails while you're on vacation.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 11:55:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Gordon said...

Oh, BTW, I had already done the recon on the umbrella before the Army showed up. Had to have a nice shady O Club, you know. (wink)

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 11:58:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Ghost Dansing said...

Gordon sounds really kewl.... i'll visit his blog..... doesn't remind me anything.......

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 6:08:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger The Mad Dog said...

Did I ever mention I'm pretty handy with cocktail umbrellas? I'll fix ya both a couple of Mai Tais next time ya drop by. Have a great weekend.

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 4:00:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

Gordon,

Thank you for sending the photo.

G.D.,

Gordon is really cool -- much like you :)

Mad Celt,

You know you're next on the roster ;) We'll do more than Mai Tai's (though they're festive.) Lemongrass and lots of ginger in the stir fry. . .

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 7:25:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home