RANGER AGAINST WAR: Out on the Outpost - Listening Post, 9.29.12 <

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Out on the Outpost - Listening Post, 9.29.12

____________________

The free-fire zone is open,  Cat got your tongue?

Think of this as your online group, so please feel free to grouse, inform or pique our interest.


For Dave UC: 

As we sit on the cusp of another full moon, I am mindful of how I see time fly -- in the waxing and waning of the moon.  It was the merest slice just a few days ago.

To whomever is stuck: You have only so many of these beautiful full moons, and they will fly by you. Savor them, if you can, and what fills the time in between their appearances, too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous tw said...

Beautiful moon here tonight. Coyotes were yapping earlier which seems fitting. Here in the mountains, away from the city lights, the nights can be beautiful. I'm always surprised how some city folks have never really seen the stars.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 1:00:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Underground Carpenter said...

Hi Lisa,

Sometimes I look at the full moon and bask in its radiance. I admire my shadow, I notice a field mouse or kangaroo rat out searching for seeds, I see the goddam rabbits eating my plants. Other times I look at the full moon and bemoan that time is crawling, and when will it go away so I can see the Milky Way again.

I usually wake, drugged and stupid, between midnight and 2 am. Charlie, our ever-vigilant director of security, insists on checking the perimeter at that hour. The desert is never more alive with critters than a night with a full moon.

Dave, Arizona OP #37

Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 5:44:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

To Dave and tw,

Thank you for sharing the lovely thoughts (except for those darn rabbits ;))

Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 10:01:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, and yes, tw -- what a magnificent thing to look up and see the vast deep and the twinkling stars in the country ... it is like hitting a "re-set" button on the human. It is both humbling and elevating, at once.

It makes me smile.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 10:06:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home