RANGER AGAINST WAR: Generals Gone Wild <

Monday, November 19, 2012

Generals Gone Wild

--A Poem for the Swingers, 
Charles Bukowski
Hey, hey Paula, no one else will ever do
I've waited so long for school to be through
Paula, I can't wait no more for you
My love, my love 
--Hey Paula, Paul and Paula 

I'm looking through you, 
where did you go 
I thought I knew you, 
what did I know 
--I'm Looking Through You, 
The Beatles
_________________

Just came across this Charles Bukowski effort and thought to share it.  There will probably be no other good placement on RangerAgainstWar for it, so here it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous deryle said...

"..who haven't been rubbed dry by experience."
Great line, eh?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:11:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Lisa said...

He's got some great ones. I esp. like "Bluebird" -- here's a stanza:

there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:45:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home